join us in-person for “Biodiversity Conservation in the Age of Extinction”
Genome BC is thrilled to present Dr. Carolyn Hogg, co-lead of the Australasian Wildlife Genomics Group at the University of Sydney, Australia, as this year’s speaker at the Don Rix Distinguished Keynote Address.
Dr. Hogg is a conservation biologist who has been working with threatened species for over twenty-five years. She will bring her wit, wisdom and a wicked collection of wildlife stories to the stage.
What you'll learn
- The three pillars of diversity that underpin all life on earth
- How severe forest fires and other environmental impacts resulting from climate change have over 1 million species facing extinction
- How genomics is an essential tool to preserve biodiversity
- The existing gaps in genomic resources for wildlife conservation
- Ways an innovative coalition is integrating genomics into species recovery
- And about her incredible work with Tasmanian devils and koalas
You don’t want to miss this special in-person event
Get your tickets now!
When: Thursday, September 15, 2022
4:00 – 4:30 PM Registration
4:30 – 6:00 PM Keynote Address and Q&A
6:00 – 7:00 PM Reception
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre West Building
Admission is free, however registration is required.